Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November ideas

Options
  • 05-08-2018 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Looking for some ideas. Usually I get away for 15-20 days but due to changing job few months ago I don’t have same time to play with. Need to also use up days leave so option to carry over to next year is not available

It’s going to be mid November before I can take time. I will be taken a week of but I could stretch to 10/11days away. I usually like adventure type holidays and over last few years I have taken holidays in Peru, New Zealand, SE Asia but I’m not going to get long enough to do something similar this year.

At the moment I’m just thinking I’ll go to canaries and try and jus5 relax for a week, maybe hire a bike for one or two days.

Before I book it just looking for ideas of any other options to conSider I’m not really into cities, can do 2 or 3 nights but then like to get somewhere quieter. I tried skiing before and no interest in doing it again.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Are you looking for consistent sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Try La Gomera, one of the smaller Canaries.

Ferry across from Tenerife.

Great place food for walking, cycling and relaxing. Perfect for a week.

If you are a beach nut though it might not suit as it’s black sand.

I’ve been twice and would go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Are you looking for consistent sun?

Sun would be a bonus but not a necessity.

anewme wrote: »
    Try La Gomera, one of the smaller Canaries.

Ferry across from Tenerife.

Great place food for walking, cycling and relaxing. Perfect for a week.

If you are a beach nut though it might not suit as it’s black sand.

I’ve been twice and would go again.

Thanks. Never heard of La Gomera but just had a quick look and could be a runner. Will definitely will look into it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The Buster wrote: »
    Thanks. Never heard of La Gomera but just had a quick look and could be a runner. Will definitely will look into it further.

We hired bikes from a place called cycling gomera They do walking holidays as well. It's fairly unspoilt, the landscape looks like South America in parts.

It's very different than the other larger islands but very local and untouristy so hope that's what you are looking for. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The Algarve could be an option. It can be hit and miss in November though and would be chilly in the evenings especially if close to the sea. You can cycle, hike, kayak, golf and do lots more there. Great choice of resorts and places to eat.

Would you consider Morocco? It would probably offer better weather but have no idea what activities are there. You would get good value I would think and things seem to have settled down in that region.

Would you be flying from Dublin? Algarve should still have flights then.
    Edit: you can get a return flight to Faro Algarve from Dublin for €120 plus bags in November.

The Algarve could be an option. It can be hit and miss in November though and would be chilly in the evenings especially if close to the sea. You can cycle, hike, kayak, golf and do lots more there. Great choice of resorts and places to eat.

Would you consider Morocco? It would probably offer better weather but have no idea what activities are there. You would get good value I would think and things seem to have settled down in that region.

Would you be flying from Dublin? Algarve should still have flights then.
    Edit: you can get a return flight to Faro Algarve from Dublin for €120 plus bags in November.

I had briefly looked at Morocco but didn’t think it had a whole to do for a week. Will look at Algarve. Don’t mind the cool evenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Problem with November is Ryanair & Aer Lingus have stopped flying to places in Greece, far south Italy, Croatia etc. leaving Canaries for short (ish) sun flights or cooler Europe destinations and the hope of decent weather. My other half not keen on travelling to northern Africa.

Advertisement