Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement MJ sash window hinge

Options
  • 05-08-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Bought our house five years ago with the knowledge the PVC windows (circa 2001) were crap. Especially the main bedroom one which couldn’t be opened. Have lived with it since then but the draft coming through during the cold snap in March was just chronic.

Don’t have the money to replace the windows but it’s clear what’s wrong. The top hinge is fine but the bottom hinge is broken and needs to be replaced.

I’ve attached a photo of the functional hinge for comparison as well as the bottom hinge.

Has anyone replaced one of these themselves? If so how was it?

Anyone know where I could pick one of these up in Dublin in an actual shop?

Thanks v much, quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Bought our house five years ago with the knowledge the PVC windows (circa 2001) were crap. Especially the main bedroom one which couldn’t be opened. Have lived with it since then but the draft coming through during the cold snap in March was just chronic.

Don’t have the money to replace the windows but it’s clear what’s wrong. The top hinge is fine but the bottom hinge is broken and needs to be replaced.

I’ve attached a photo of the functional hinge for comparison as well as the bottom hinge.

Has anyone replaced one of these themselves? If so how was it?

Anyone know where I could pick one of these up in Dublin in an actual shop?

Thanks v much, quad
    They are a terrible hinge.i replace them alot for customers.but I replace them with 90° fire safety hinges.its a different hinge but does the job better than the original crap mj installed.you should be able to pick up hinges in b&q or the likes.just make sure they are fire hinges

Advertisement