Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband St. Johnston

Options
  • 04-08-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone have any recommendations for providers of high speed broadband for St. Johnston area Co. Donegal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Rowan100 wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for providers of high speed broadband for St. Johnston area Co. Donegal.

There is some FTTH available in St. Johnston. Do you have an Eircode? If so try it here:

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

I'm out here in Trensallagh, near McCauley Trucks.

Stay away from Bluebox.

Imagine and Beacon are both ****e but useable.

If you live in the town there you can get about 30 meg from the cabinet down beside Matts. Vodafone, Eir or other providers.

If you're out more than 2 mile start looking for the little black boxes with coils of wire behind them on the telephone poles. If one is less than 150m from your house they can run you fiber to the home with a 1G connection.

Give me a PM with your eircode and I can look into options for you if you'd like. I'm just finishing up an install for a FTTH customer in Newton.

Advertisement