Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewatching: Sons of Anarchy [My Own Pace] ***Spoilers***

Options
  • 04-08-2018 8:42pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry mods if I should do this but thanks to the Mayan's trailer I've re-watched the first 2 season of the Sons of Anarchy and thought a discussion for people re-watching a show could be a good idea. The idea is you know how the show ends as you've already seen it all but think you know how you could improve things.

**** me this show was brilliant TV, such a varied and in depth cast with no true good/bad characters, even the WORST character Weston had a reason and a background for what he was doing and showed how he was manipulated. The season ended with Abel being kidnapped, Half-Sack being killed, Clay & Piney at war, Zobel in the wind, New Sheriff in town, ATF still tracking, Gemma on the lamb, Gemma after almost hooking up with Tig.

I think they could have gone a brilliant route by having the IRA kill Abel, that would have turned Jax psycho, destroyed the gun trade, started a war with Mayans/9ers/Others. Instead there's the whole Irish trip which I'll skip, the only thing I've to look forward is Stephen King's cameo.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just watched the first episode of Season 3, ****ing hell I forgot the end of the first episode with the drive by shooting at the funeral with Hale being run down and Jax going mental

• Registered Users Posts: 60,385 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hale went on to bigger and better things :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hale went on to bigger and better things :)

Great potential arc for the Hale family, his father was a judge I think, he brother the next Mayor. Hale himself will never get over the whole "face full of Stahl" thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I couldn't watch any more of it after 5 episodes. The cringiest cheesiest show I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I couldn't watch any more of it after 5 episodes. The cringiest cheesiest show I've ever seen.

Been a good few years since I last rewatched it but i do remember finding the reading of the dad's journal a bit cringey alright. Think they drop it by seasons end , if that's your main gripe.

• Advertisement

The book was a bit much, the whole burning it and saving it them to have Gemma find it only to have Piney have a copy was a bit contrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Been a good few years since I last rewatched it but i do remember finding the reading of the dad's journal a bit cringey alright. Think they drop it by seasons end , if that's your main gripe.

I'm watching it on netflix at the moment and really enjoying it thus far but yea it has some cringe inducing moments especially the Dads journal and some of the dialogue especially from Kathy Segal who normally I really like as an actress and Charlie Human and for his constant use of this face. The always reliable Ron Perlman is fantastic though.

cbbb13b7bac503cd17a6fad276989a03.jpg

Advertisement