Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining laminate floor to carpet on stairs

Options
  • 04-08-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Going to lay laminate upstairs and will join with the carpet at the top of the stairs.
    There is lino there at the moment. Will be taking that up and putting down 5mm underlay and then 8mm boards.

Suggestions on what to use to join the laminate to the carpet? Seen a few products but really not sure what I need. Have attached pics of the stairs at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There are special reducers. I'd imagine a carpet shop would seller them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You just need a floor profile/trim and cut it to length, they come in different heights so you should have a smooth join not like the step up there now which looks like you could trip on. Any hardware place should have them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

gar wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Going to lay laminate upstairs and will join with the carpet at the top of the stairs.
    There is lino there at the moment. Will be taking that up and putting down 5mm underlay and then 8mm boards.

Suggestions on what to use to join the laminate to the carpet? Seen a few products but really not sure what I need. Have attached pics of the stairs at the moment

Possibly overkill for what you need but this site is full of transition strips https://www.gradus.com/

Advertisement