Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling more insecure

Options
  • 04-08-2018 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Been with my other half for over 3 years now and we have a child together. I had my insecurities with his Facebook (him having so many random girls as friends some who he never met and most of them with very promiscuous profiles. He also had no friends in common with a lot of them)
    At the beginning there was a girl messaging and flirting with him while I was pregnant and I told him I didn't like that. I felt insecure now and again wondering if any of them were messaging and why he even had all these women as friends. I felt like he didn't care about my feelings as he would always shout at me whenever I brought it up yet he kept all these friends who he told me he didn't care about at all. So I wanted to get rid of my insecurities so we sat down together and he deleted all the girls who weren't his actual friends in real life. And I felt a lot better since then and our fights about Facebook stopped. This was a few months ago. Anyway tonight I saw his Facebook account and saw that he had many of these women as his friends again. I just don't understand why he would re add them if they meant nothing to him. Should I be worried about this?
    I looked at one girl I'm particular who I remember him deleting In front of me. And when I looked at her photos, he liked a lot of them when we were together. I find it hard to bring this up with him because he will just get very angry and hit me or push me.. I just wish he would be honest with me. Are my feelings understandable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Leave him. He has absolutely no respect for you and does not care about how you feel. If he actually loved you not only would he not be doing that sort of stuff but as soon as you mentioned your feelings about it he would do everything he could to put your mind at ease and look out for you. He has done the complete opposite of this. He even shouts at you over it. Long-term, things with such a person are going to get VERY messy. Look out for yourself and your child, the most important person in all of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

he will just get very angry and hit me or push me

Jesus...ah...forget about the other women and what they potentially mean for a second...is the above not a huge indication of this man's character?

Its interesting youve a whole post on fb women, and leave that massive piece of information to the end?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I find it hard to bring this up with him because he will just get very angry and hit me or push me..

The last thing you should be worrying about is other women. I never say this but I think you need to hear it: Cop yourself on. He pushes you and hits you and yet you're worried about being insecure. Seriously.
    Wake up OP. Get out of that relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Whatever about the fb stuff, he's abusing you?

Run. Away.

Trust me this stuff never gets better, only worse, and if your child sees it they'll be scarred for life and possibly end up thinking abuse is normal and repeat it in their own relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Leave him.

He has no respect for you and is being physically abusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Leave him now! He shouldn't ever hit you. What will happen when your child is older and does something to annoy him?

Advertisement