Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance policies to be hit with 2% levy for next seven years

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Ammm, that is part of my point:confused:

Same as the USC.

Not only that we have been paying for PMPA for years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

So it's going to be 7% now as it was already 5 increased from 3 to cover the Quinn disaster!!!

What's the point in paying for all these ombudsmen, which comes out of our pocket too, when these companies are allowed operate as basket cases only for us to cop up for their fuk ups

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can anyone find the figures for the MIBI payouts in the past few years
    2011 they paid out 58 million - this 2% is set to bring in an extra 70 million a year

Me and maths - hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

yes this is a kick in the teeth, bloody cheek, corruption even. New government please! pathetic really.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

fritzelly wrote: »
    2011 they paid out 58 million - this 2% is set to bring in an extra 70 million a year

Me and maths - hmmm

Claims have nothing to do with the increases, it’s bs from insurance companies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

jim salter wrote: »
    Here we go again.

The Irish public being raped by the financial institutions : https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/insurance-policies-to-be-hit-with-2-levy-for-next-seven-years-1.3563301

Funny thing is the apathetic Irish will just continue to pay...

And Setanta are still trading in Europe :confused:

What do you mean apathetic? If we intend to drive a car we have to pay for insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Claims have nothing to do with the increases, it’s bs from insurance companies.

That was the point - why an increase?
    They sure as hell don't pay back all the people who lost on the insurance

• Advertisement

What do you mean apathetic? If we intend to drive a car we have to pay for insurance.

What I mean is: yet another corporate entity has folded and the cost is being put on the Irish consumer. The Irish people will simply accept and pay - again.
    Yes. Insurance is a requirement but a levy to cover the failure of a private company (again) is yet another two fingers to the Irish consumer.
    The regulator has failed, again, to perform their purpose.
    Setanta is still trading in other European countries but the people in those countries are not being levied to cover the losses of a private company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

jim salter wrote: »
    q
    Funny thing is the apathetic Irish will just continue to pay...

You say that as if there is a box I can tick to opt put of paying. If I want insurance I'll have to pay.

You say that as if there is a box I can tick to opt put of paying. If I want insurance I'll have to pay.

As an individual - yes, as a collective no...

Insurance is mandatory/compulsory however getting ripped off as a result of the regulator not doing their job and the gov't putting the burden on the consumer yet again is as a result of the Irish people bending over time and time again.

When will we wake up and push back? Never. Why? Fear

• Subscribers Posts: 41,134 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Insurance

The only industry where its impossible to make a loss.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,533 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Maltese government should be sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

fritzelly wrote: »

Me and maths - hmmm

This has nothing to do with the MIBI. They do not receive any funds from the levy

Advertisement