Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft claim not affecting NCB

Options
  • 03-08-2018 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Had the misfortune of waking up to the Gardai at my door on Tuesday morning and my car not being on the driveway where I left it the night before. Luckily it was recovered and not burnt out, but the damage is still relatively substantial.

It was on a classic policy but fully comp thankfully. Its not worth major money (or thats what the insurance co will say!) down for €3500.

The question is, is there a broker or someone "in the know" on here that has any idea which companies don't count a theft claim as affecting your NCB?
    Will save me having to look at the policy for each insurer, as luck would have it my current policy is up for renewal on the 18th of this month.

I haven't claimed yet so just weighing up my options

Cheers,
    B

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why not ask your current insurer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

They won't be answering phones until Tuesday unfortunately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Classic policies may not earn any bonus. I know FBD definitely don't give a bonus for them anyway, they just charge a flat rate. In general a theft claim does not effect your standing as it is a non fault claim however it still needs to be declared.

Advertisement