Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus baggage query

Options
  • 03-08-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I'm flying tomorrow with Aer Lingus. I got a text just now saying:

"Dear Guest. Please be advised that due to high numbers travelling with Aer Lingus tomorrow cabin baggage will be taken at the boarding gate. We encourage you to travel light and drop off you cabin baggage at our dedicated check in desks 31 and 32."

What does this mean? Does it mean that if I arrive at the boarding gate with hand luggage that it will be taken off me never to be seen again?

What about handbags and that? Am I to stick tickets, boarding passes, passports etc in my pockets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

It means that it may be taken off you at the gate and put in the hold (like what Ryanair do). They're giving you the option to check your cabin baggage at the check-in desk for free to save you the hassle of carrying it around the airport with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

VG31 wrote: »
    It means that it may be taken off you at the gate and put in the hold (like what Ryanair do). They're giving you the option to check your cabin baggage at the check-in desk for free to save you the hassle of carrying it around the airport with you.
    Well, that's a relief. I was worried that they would treat it like if you had excess liquids or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Well, that's a relief. I was worried that they would treat it like if you had excess liquids or that.

Of course not!
    What about handbags and that? Am I to stick tickets, boarding passes, passports etc in my pockets?

You can still take a small personal item (laptop bag, handbag, small backpack etc.) on with you.

Advertisement