Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plumbersnow.ie ???

Options
  • 03-08-2018 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Has anyone here used plumbersnow.ie ?

Is it a company or just an alliance of plumbers with a central number?

I need a plumber for tomorrow (Saturday) and can't seem to get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hello,

Has anyone here used plumbersnow.ie ?

Is it a company or just an alliance of plumbers with a central number?

I need a plumber for tomorrow (Saturday) and can't seem to get one.

The web page has very few details, other than a mobile number.
    Not saying there is anything wrong, but like anything else, just satisfy yourself that they are above board.
    Google the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm on the a mobile device so can't get the full website yet. It is law that all websites have a physical address somewhere in the contact Us or about us page. Site has no cookies policy or privacy policy, both mandatory by law.

I know nothing about the company or plumbers. I'm just commenting on the site.

Edit: On a PC now & The site looks more legit. I do see a physical address & I'd be happy with that. The cookies & privacy polices aren't that important for this type of site though still mandatory.

I have a problem with a site that just has a mobile number & no address. You have no comeback if something goes wrong but this site does have an address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The web page has very few details, other than a mobile number.
    Not saying there is anything wrong, but like anything else, just satisfy yourself that they are above board.
    Google the phone number.

Googling the numbers provide for outside Dublin just shows a list of their Dublin contacts.

It feel right anyway.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm on the a mobile device so can't get the full website yet. It is law that all websites have a physical address somewhere in the contact Us or about us page. Site has no cookies policy or privacy policy, both mandatory by law. Legally its not a legitimate website.

I know nothing about the company or plumbers. I'm just commenting on the site.

I hadn't thought of any of that.

I got a call from a company I know is okay who say they can fit me in between other calls and I can't anyone for tomorrow so I'll have to take it. I'm hoping he comes before I have to go back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Googling the numbers provide for outside Dublin just shows a list of their Dublin contacts.

It feel right anyway.

I hadn't thought of any of that.

I got a call from a company I know is okay who say they can fit me in between other calls and I can't anyone for tomorrow so I'll have to take it. I'm hoping he comes before I have to go back to work.

I have edited my post as now on a PC I do see an address. Again I know nothing about the company, I was only commenting on the site itself.

Advertisement