Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running gravity fed shower from bath cold water feed?

Options
  • 01-08-2018 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Folks,
    Trying to upgrade a few bits in the house and have run into a problem and looking for some advice please. After fitting a new bath and over-bath shower in a downstairs bathroom. Fitted a new Triton T90SR to replace the old Triton which was on its last legs when we moved in. After commissioning and turning it on it was cycling unevenly with poor output. After checking a few bits I took it down again and measured the input flow rate and found it to be only 4.5 litres per minute. 8 litres per minute is minimum spec. Then figured out that the half-inch cold water feed to shower is on the same line as 3 toilets, 3 sinks and the washing machine hence, I'd imagine, the low pressure/rate of flow. Tank is approx 21 feet above shower. Running a new line from the attic would require a huge amount of work. If the flow rate to the 3/4 inch cold feed of the bath was within spec for the shower would it be ok to run a line off this with a 3/4 inch to half inch reducer and tie into the shower feed.
    Trying to minimise demolition as tiling etc all finished and only realised problem when I fitted shower this morning. Any other options? Booster pump somewhere? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark

Advertisement