Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online School

Options
  • 01-08-2018 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi There

Could ye help me I will be moving away soon from Ireland currently I'm a 4th-year student going into 5th I would like to ask is there a possible way to do online homeschool from a different country if so where can I go and what schools accept this around Cork?

Thank you

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hi There

Could ye help me I will be moving away soon from Ireland currently I'm a 4th-year student going into 5th I would like to ask is there a possible way to do online homeschool from a different country if so where can I go and what schools accept this around Cork?

Thank you

Mark

I've never heard of any school offering a service like this. Is there a reason you couldn't attend school in the country you're moving to?

Technically you can sit the Leaving Cert on your own without ever attending school but you'll have to do the exams here in Ireland and you'll need to find an exam centre (usually a school) that will accommodate you for any oral exams and written exams in June. That said, without a teacher to sign off on your projects you'd have to avoid subjects like Geography, History, Ag Science, Construction, Engineering, DCG, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

This sounds like a very bad idea for your social skills.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The International Baccalaureate (click) might be a more viable option in many ways, Mark, depending on where you are moving to.

You can check for schools offering it in the region here.

Advertisement