Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown Conundrum

Options
  • 01-08-2018 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I watch Countdown regularly and I always wonder when both contestants have the same word or calculation and one has to show the other their answer, if the 'same' answer was ever different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Up Donegal wrote: »
    I watch Countdown regularly and I always wonder when both contestants have the same word or calculation and one has to show the other their answer, if the 'same' answer was ever different.

If it was different would they not say it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Then it clearly wouldnt be the same. When its the maths one they are saying they literally did it the same way, the person would just say no they didnt do the same way..they did xyz but got the same answer. Why would they want their opponent getting points they dont deserve and keep quiet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

always question lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

lol

I wonder that sometimes too.

If they might just write "PLEASE PLAY ALONG!!" and the other person who checks it goes "errrmmm yup that's fine".

split the fame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm pretty sure they show it to the host or the ones in Dictionary corner to confirm

thats a conundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If Contestant A said he did the same, showed it to Contestant B and Contestant B said "No, that's not the same", they'd just show it to someone else to confirm. But I'd imagine a) No one would claim they got the same if they didn't as it's such an easy thing to check (show it to host or Dictionary Corner), b) No one would try to claim the other person didn't get the same when they had as again, it's such an easy thing to check, and c) they probably just wouldn't show it on TV even if it did happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Since when are Americanised spellings allowed? Polarized was today's conundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Since when are Americanised spellings allowed? Polarized was today's conundrum.

always have been, if it's in the dictionary it's allowed, and English dictionaries have always included the american spellings as an alternate version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement