Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best thrillers 2018 so far

Options
  • 01-08-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys wondering what you guys think are the best thrillers that have come out this year,
    I haven't really seen any good ones, the best iv seen is probably " You were never really here " but I tthink that was released the back end of 2017
    I'm wondering did I miss any good ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does 'A Quiet Place' count? Potentially more in the horror vein, but excellent nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Basq wrote: »
    Does 'A Quiet Place' count? Potentially more in the horror vein, but excellent nonetheless!
    Ah I knew there was one I heard of and forgot,
    I must check it out,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Depends on what kind of 'thriller' you're asking about: action thrillers? Horror thrillers? Spy thrillers? etc. etc.

As mentioned, "A Quiet Place" was a masterclass in tension; the only released "Mission Impossible: Fallout" was a visceral action-thriller; "The Commuter" was a nice surprise in being a somewhat old-fashioned 'ticking clock' thriller (before it went a bit OTT).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dont forget about "You Were Never Really Here" if you're looking for a grim mystery thriller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

nix wrote: »
    Dont forget about "You Were Never Really Here" if you're looking for a grim mystery thriller :)
    That's the one I mentioned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pixelburp wrote: »
    "The Commuter" was a nice surprise in being a somewhat old-fashioned 'ticking clock' thriller (before it went a bit OTT).
    You mean 'Non-Stop On A Train'? Like Non-Stop, it did go "off the rails" (pun intended) towards the end alright.

Actually - the latest effort from the ever-retiring Steven Soderbergh 'Unsane', which I saw only a few weeks back, was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Since you liked You Were Never Really Here you should prob check out Good Time, not sure if it was released this year or late last year.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4846232/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

That's the one I mentioned :)

Christ, i need to stop "reading" and replying to threads when i first fall out of bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Thanks for this thread,there's some good suggestions there i havent seen but will check out.

Advertisement