Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank wants P60 but can't get one

Options
  • 31-07-2018 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage. Since I'm relatively new in my job (less than a year) they require my most recent P60 but I left my previous job in December 2017 and they say that I'm not entitled to one. Just wondering if this has happened to anybody else and if so, what was the solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

You are only entitled to a p60 if you were working for an employer on December 31st.
    If you left employment during the year, you should have a p45.
    Revenue will issue you with a balancing statement of the years income and tax details.
    However, that just includes taxable income, and your p60/p45 contains gross income details.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Addle wrote: »
    You are only entitled to a p60 if you were working for an employer on December 31st.
    If you left employment during the year, you should have a p45.
    Revenue will issue you with a balancing statement of the years income and tax details.
    However, that just includes taxable income, and your p60/p45 contains gross income details.

So the banks will be fine with a p45?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

As it's impossible for you to have a p60 if you weren't working on Dec 31st, they have to be.
    The revenue statement will back up the p45.
    The bank might be more concerned with your break in employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Addle wrote: »
    As it's impossible for you to have a p60 if you weren't working on Dec 31st, they have to be.
    The revenue statement will back up the p45.
    The bank might be more concerned with your break in employment.

I was unemployed for just over a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭py

If you were not employed on 31st December, you won't get a P60. Explain that to the bank. You should also call revenue and ask them to send out a P21 statement as send this to the bank, they may accept it instead of a P60.

• Advertisement
Advertisement