Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If a network breaches contract...

Options
  • 31-07-2018 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I'm a few months into a contract with a well known network, but over the last 6 weeks, the network has been unusable for the entire town I live in.
    Unable to make or receive calls
    Drops calls
    Slow data to zero data, speed tests show communication issues.

Most PAYG customers are given unlock codes for their handsets to change network, and a few have gotten unlock codes on bill pay handsets.

It looks serious enough to be a breach of contract on the networks side, and if I decide to leave because of this, what happens to the handset and money I've spent on bills towards the handset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I'm a few months into a contract with a well known network, but over the last 6 weeks, the network has been unusable for the entire town I live in.
    Unable to make or receive calls
    Drops calls
    Slow data to zero data, speed tests show communication issues.

Most PAYG customers are given unlock codes for their handsets to change network, and a few have gotten unlock codes on bill pay handsets.

It looks serious enough to be a breach of contract on the networks side, and if I decide to leave because of this, what happens to the handset and money I've spent on bills towards the handset?

Have you made complaint to the provider and been on to costumer care team. Have records of dates and people talked to. Detail issues you have been having if no option given to fix or cancel within contract then contact comreg or check website for your options.

Advertisement