Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons in Galway?

Options
  • 30-07-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

It's been nearly three years since the last thread on this so I thought I'd start a new one rather than bumping a zombie thread.

Can people recommend a pro in Galway (city or county) for a couple of lessons?

I was playing a lot until about a year ago when a house build stopped my golf pretty much dead in its tracks.

Prior to that I've been playing for about 4 years. Went from 24 to 16 and was easily playing to that handicap last summer. I've played virtually nothing for 10 months and am desperate to get back into it.

I played twice in the last two weeks and both times have been absolutely chronic (17 points at the weekend:(). My swing is all over the place, I have zero consistency (even with my bad shots) and I'm doing something weird with my grip as I'm getting blisters on the middle finger on my right hand now.

I need to take things right back to basics and I think a couple of lessons would help. I've had a handful of lessons years ago with Gary Madden and Dave Mortimer and thought they were decent. I'm just throwing it out to the crowd here to see if there's anyone else out there worth considering?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's been nearly three years since the last thread on this so I thought I'd start a new one rather than bumping a zombie thread.

Can people recommend a pro in Galway (city or county) for a couple of lessons?

I was playing a lot until about a year ago when a house build stopped my golf pretty much dead in its tracks.

Prior to that I've been playing for about 4 years. Went from 24 to 16 and was easily playing to that handicap last summer. I've played virtually nothing for 10 months and am desperate to get back into it.

I played twice in the last two weeks and both times have been absolutely chronic (17 points at the weekend:(). My swing is all over the place, I have zero consistency (even with my bad shots) and I'm doing something weird with my grip as I'm getting blisters on the middle finger on my right hand now.

I need to take things right back to basics and I think a couple of lessons would help. I've had a handful of lessons years ago with Gary Madden and Dave Mortimer and thought they were decent. I'm just throwing it out to the crowd here to see if there's anyone else out there worth considering?

Cheers.

Dara Ford - Galway Bay

Very nice lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Sean Whelan, Athenry

Had really good lessons of Sean and heard nothing but good things. Works with what you have and doesnt make it to technical if your a higher handicap.

Advertisement