Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inward Opening Windows - Restrictors

Options
  • 30-07-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Anyone come across window restrictors suitable for inward opening windows, which don't compromise the look of the window?

I've come across some which require permanent fittings to both the opening section and the frame. The two fittings are then tethered to each other using a cord of some sort. IMO they ruin the look of the window so I'm hoping there's something else.

The alternative is the slim metal fixing that fits into the frame and grabs onto a pin on the opening section like this
    Although I haven't tried these, they don't look long enough for inward opening windows. With outward opening windows, this clasp would be installed towards the hinge side of the window, and easily reachable when a full opening is required. With inward opening windows, the clasp would need to be at the end where the window closes, and be long enough to allow a person to reach to the outside of the window frame to undo them. So, basically, a longer version of this type of clasp might work.

Anyone face this dilemma, or if you have inward openers I'd greatly appreciate a picture of the restrictor.

Advertisement