Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shot Scope V2 -GPS Watch & Club Tags

Options
  • 30-07-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I was intrigued by this product and investigated. Reviews seems excellent and the product seems to be a significant uplift from Game Golf.

Last week went online and if you use coupon code mgs189 it costs Stg£165 incl delivery to Ireland. That works out at about €190. McG*** are selling it for €270 online at present.

That methinks is a bargain and one that I've availed of. Took about 4 working days for delivery.

Just putting it out there for fellow boardies as Ive got plenty back from here and thought fellow golfers might find this handy!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Beaulieu wrote: »
    I was intrigued by this product and investigated. Reviews seems excellent and the product seems to be a significant uplift from Game Golf.

Last week went online and if you use coupon code mgs189 it costs Stg£165 incl delivery to Ireland. That works out at about €190. McG*** are selling it for €270 online at present.

That methinks is a bargain and one that I've availed of. Took about 4 working days for delivery.

Just putting it out there for fellow boardies as Ive got plenty back from here and thought fellow golfers might find this handy!:)

Very interested to see how u get on with it. Where did u source it for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Very interested to see how u get on with it. Where did u source it for that price

Click through the advert on bottom right hand side on this site

https://mygolfspy.com/

Excellent & thorough (independent seemingly) reviews too about it

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

I purchased a Shotscope v2 after reading many reviews, was very excited to use it. The hole by hole GPS was quite solid and I could not wait to view the results from my round. Sadly it picked up not more than half my shots. I thought perhaps it was defective, so I contacted customer service. After verifying that I was not using the device incorrectly, they happily sent me a replacement. While waiting for the replacement to arrive I used the first device a few more times, with the same inconsistent results.

After the replacement arrived I was again anticipating a good analysis of my round, but again found that far too many of my shots were not picked up. I again contacted customer service and they quickly processes a return.

So, top marks for customer service and the GPS function of the device. However, the shot tracking was poor and unreliable. I wish you better luck.

I have since purchased a Garmin S20 watch for a good 70 euro less. I only use it for yardages as I have already read the shot tracking is fairly poor on this device as well, but otherwise the watch fulfills my expectations. Solid yardages and a much better battery life than the shotscope. Also smaller and serviceable as regular watch with a step tracker and some other small conveniences.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I purchased a Shotscope v2 after reading many reviews, was very excited to use it. The hole by hole GPS was quite solid and I could not wait to view the results from my round. Sadly it picked up not more than half my shots. I thought perhaps it was defective, so I contacted customer service. After verifying that I was not using the device incorrectly, they happily sent me a replacement. While waiting for the replacement to arrive I used the first device a few more times, with the same inconsistent results.

After the replacement arrived I was again anticipating a good analysis of my round, but again found that far too many of my shots were not picked up. I again contacted customer service and they quickly processes a return.

So, top marks for customer service and the GPS function of the device. However, the shot tracking was poor and unreliable. I wish you better luck.

I have since purchased a Garmin S20 watch for a good 70 euro less. I only use it for yardages as I have already read the shot tracking is fairly poor on this device as well, but otherwise the watch fulfills my expectations. Solid yardages and a much better battery life than the shotscope. Also smaller and serviceable as regular watch with a step tracker and some other small conveniences.

I've mine about 6 months now and it's never failed to register a shot. User error has caused me to forget to add a shot when I lose a ball but that's easily added in app when reviewing your round.

You hardly had the watch to high on your arm?

Advertisement