Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart press water guardian water pump/tank???

Options
  • 29-07-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hey, I have one of these in apartment I'm renting. In last few days I've realised that a noise I thought was my freezer is actually the tank or pump. It seems to be constantly on. And its very noisy.. The power tripped going back while ago and then I also realised my electricity bill had doubled and I'm wondering is it coincidence or could it be due to this... Usually it would come on when tap or shower was running but now I've realised it constant..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If the pump is constantly running, or continuously running for short few second bursts you either have a leak on the water system somewhere, or the pump is faulty and needs repairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

K.Flyer wrote: »
    If the pump is constantly running, or continuously running for short few second bursts you either have a leak on the water system somewhere, or the pump is faulty and needs repairing.

Tks I'm going to get onto the landlord tomorrow, now that I'm actually hearing it, its wrecking my head, its in a utility room off my kitchen come sitting room and the noise is woofull... Just wondering would this be cause of spike in electricity too.. Strange.. Hopefully landlord will arrange for someone
    . tks for reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If its a pump and its running constantly over a few months, then yes you would see a spike on the bill.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    If its a pump and its running constantly over a few months, then yes you would see a spike on the bill.

Tks for input, I've switched it off now for the night to save some electricity for myself.. Tks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I've seen it the controllers stick on. Cheap part

• Advertisement

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I've seen it the controllers stick on. Cheap part

Yeah, what exactly is that's so I can say it to the landlord if you don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yeah, what exactly is that's so I can say it to the landlord if you don't mind

The water pump is broken and running constantly. Let them, or their plumber, fault find.

Advertisement