Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Two 8 PM Shergar

Options
  • 29-07-2018 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Also on RTE not sure when but yet another look at the mystery of the horses disappearance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Searching for Shergar will air on RTÉ1 on the 31st of July at 9.30pm.

Searching for Shergar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭standardg60

This was already on last year, possibly on TG4, now given the prime time schedule and billing to fill in for anything decent. There's nothing new in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Amazing lack of research done by the interviewer/narrator, she went to speak to the jockey and was told he had recently passed away!! Good God, you would at least know who the main characters were before you go do the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

The narrator is a clown ,her voice would go through your head

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

chinguetti wrote: »
    Amazing lack of research done by the interviewer/narrator, she went to speak to the jockey and was told he had recently passed away!! Good God, you would at least know who the main characters were before you go do the program.

The fact that the narrator was also the producer and director makes it an even more bizarre thing to say. It just jarred for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Heard her interviewed during the racing today and didn’t come across particularly well. Not sure why another doc on this needed to be made, think I will give it a skip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Was a terrible watch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Swinburn only died in February last year and programmes like this can often be several years in planning, so it's not that surprising really. And I hadn't heard the part about poor Stan being swindled of another 80 grand. Also her voice was quite soothing I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Swinburn only died in February last year and programmes like this can often be several years in planning, so it's not that surprising really.

No that's true about the prep but you then don't go public and say that 'I found out recently that he had died'! Its basic sense that you don't show what you didn't know in such a way as it makes you looks silly. And I'm saying that as someone with a Media degree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

No that's true about the prep but you then don't go public and say that 'I found out recently that he had died'! Its basic sense that you don't show what you didn't know in such a way as it makes you looks silly. And I'm saying that as someone with a Media degree.
    It was a bit bizarre admittedly, as was the part where she asked the detective a stupid question and he looked at her like she had two heads. Then the excerpt with the Leitrim farmer was cringeworthy.

No it will take something better than this to find Shergar :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

It was horrendously made, and I'm amazed it even made the screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Jesus Christ, this was more Living With Stan, the poor man was broken by the end of it, she probably spun it that we have a new lead and need your help.

Narrator was really annoying, landing down on a guys farm in Leitrim and annoying him, she was really condesending to the old people in it.

Not sure what to make of the guy that left the IRA and then rejoined it, not sure that is even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

When did Stan qualify as a vet anyone know?

Advertisement