Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting a dyson v10

Options
  • 29-07-2018 4:54pm

Hello

I want to mount a handheld dyson v10 to the wall, appox 3kg.

Ideally I'd be drilling in a couple of wall plugs, as per the instructions, but I have one spot were I can mount it and there's a lot of wires in that wall unfortunately.

Would no more nails do the job on a painted wall or would it just pull it off? Anyone any experience or another solution?

I can experiment anyway, it's not really a visible place so if paint come off it isn't the end of the world...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what kind of wall

what kind of wall

Plasterboard. Screws would be going between the studs, directly in the middle

there should be no problem then.use a plasterboard fixing of your choice. dreva are ok for ligth stuff , molly fixing are a lot better but need the tool. toggle bolts are over kill but might suit your job due to the worry of wires

there should be no problem then.use a plasterboard fixing of your choice. dreva are ok for ligth stuff , molly fixing are a lot better but need the tool. toggle bolts are over kill but might suit your job due to the worry of wires

Thanks for that, but do I not need to drill through the wall to fix any of those solutions?
    Which brings me back to my worry of wires

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Are you mounting the unit directly above a socket, or is there more than one source for possible wires in the area? Generally speaking, wiring for sockets/switches etc will only run wither straight up or straight down, so you should be able to mount to either side of the plumb line of the socket without hassle (I'm assuming you are mounting close to a socket for charging purposes)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, but do I not need to drill through the wall to fix any of those solutions?
    Which brings me back to my worry of wires

the wires shouldnt be up against the plaster slab. you could make the hole without drilling in like a mad man. . if your nervious your better off not doing it.

sand off the paint and stick it with pu5 or similar. use a few short screws to hold it while it sets

the wires shouldnt be up against the plaster slab. you could make the hole without drilling in like a mad man. . if your nervious your better off not doing it.

sand off the paint and stick it with pu5 or similar. use a few short screws to hold it while it sets

I'm not super nervous but just more willing to take good advise, if there's a massive risk with drilling when there are wires or leaving screws there then I don't want to take it.

But I've screwed many the piece of plaster board and if going through gently and leaving a support there genuinely carries feck all risk then I'm happy enough.

Were is just a plug or a light switch the other side of the wall I'd be happy enough. It's just that it is directly below a switchboard

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I've mounted a v6 (with screws on a stone wall). Even if no more nails does stick it, if it's like the V6 where there's a tilting action required to get the hoover into the charger; it will drop off over time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

If this nylon plugs are anything like their aluminium counterparts, I find the next to useless, particularly where there will be repeated mechanical leverage

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Spring toggle fixings & no more nails type product.

If you’re worried about wires, make a pilot hole with a screwdriver.

Advertisement