Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gate setup

Options
  • 29-07-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

HI

looking at putting in electric gates, I have only just dug out the wall foundations so just want to get everything right and the right wires in the pillars for sensors, intercom, wall lights and so on.

So what do I need in the pillars,

on the inside behind the pillars to get the gates to open as you approach the gates

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

An exit loop is the normal thing to install to facilitate exiting.

mod note: No trolling please.
    PSA registered installers should be used for electric gates installed for security reasons, so not required in every case. Individuals do not requie a PSA license to install automated gates on their own property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭tech

anyone else?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Many people have a second set of photocells a meter or 2 back inside the gates. When a vehicle crosses breaks the IR beam this generates the gate open request signal. These units work at 24VDC. Generally a 4 core cable is brought to each from the gate control panel. Obviously this is not very secure but it is handy. Another option is to use a key fob to open the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭tech

What height should the photo cells be at in the pillars.?
    2011 wrote: »
    Many people have a second set of photocells a meter or 2 back inside the gates. When a vehicle crosses breaks the IR beam this generates the gate open request signal. These units work at 24VDC. Generally a 4 core cable is brought to each from the gate control panel. Obviously this is not very secure but it is handy. Another option is to use a key fob to open the gate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

tech wrote: »
    What height should the photo cells be at in the pillars.?

I haven’t installed any in a long time, from memory I generally put them at about 50 or 60 cm above ground level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement