Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No browsers working on virgin?

Options
  • 29-07-2018 12:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Issue my brother is having on with virgin.

He is on virgin media 300mb connection with virgin tv.

All apps on connected tablets and smartphones are working fine, virgin tv is fine but no browser is working on any device and on his PC.

He has tried IE,edge and chrome on pc and no pages load at all, same story for the tablets and phones with their browsers.

All the while all apps on all devices are working.

I dont know about apps on the PC because he had done a fresh windows install but worth noting is the windows store wont load on the PC which is essentially an app.

I tried to gain access to the virgin modem control panel page on his PC but even that will not load.

Any ideas guys before he gives virgin a call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭fman

Do the basics on the pc like checking DHCP is enabled, that he's getting an IP address and as a follow on that DNS servers are valid.
    Forgot to mention too to check there is an actual connection from the pc to the router, wired or wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Time Date correct?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys, a virgin tech called and said the power socket thingys were the issue, and said they have their own ip address ? lol?
    Either way they are gone now and issue resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks guys, a virgin tech called and said the power socket thingys were the issue, and said they have their own ip address ? lol?

Apartment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Apartment?

No house, dont ask me what way he has it all setup :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Dcully wrote: »

So issue was resolved by removing wifi extenders? lol.

Advertisement