Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volkera Vibe boiler pressure?

Options
  • 29-07-2018 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I've got a Volkera boiler with a pressure gauge at 0.

I've pulled tge place apart looking for the filling loop but to no avail.

Having read a few other boards on here and in other places it looks to be filled from the tank in the attic.

Have had a look but cant figure out which pipe is the one that fills from the tank

Will attach a pic if I can but does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Was it always at 0?
    Its probably an open vented system take a picture of the hot press

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭John.G

BAO wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got a Volkera boiler with a pressure gauge at 0.

I've pulled tge place apart looking for the filling loop but to no avail.

Having read a few other boards on here and in other places it looks to be filled from the tank in the attic.

Have had a look but cant figure out which pipe is the one that fills from the tank

Will attach a pic if I can but does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers Kev

If the pressure gauge is 0 Bar then either the pressure gauge is defective or the Low Water Pressure Switch isn't locking out the boiler and is supposed to operate if the water pressure is < 0.5 Bar.
    If its fed from a attic header tank then the pressure should still be 0.5 to 0.6 bar due to the head, there is normally two tanks in the attic, one for domestic/hot water cylinder supplies, the other smaller tank is the Feed & Expansion Tank, sometimes the cold feed & expansion pipes are joined together at the tank, if you have this system then there is normally a check valve fitted which allows make up water to the boiler/system but closes when the boiler fires up and the water starts expanding, the expansion is then taken up by a 8 litre expansion vessel fitted internally in the boiler casing.
    If you have a fully pressurised system then you should have a flexible hose filling loop with isol valves somewhere, I have seen them tucked away in the hot press in two relations installations.

Advertisement