Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need boradband spee dup in one hour any suggestions??? Desperate

Options
  • 29-07-2018 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

With three broadband, I have an online job interview in one hour. Since being in contact with them the past few days (live chat) suddenly my speeds have went from 1-2mbps to 6-7, I need a minimum of 10 to get job. :( this is so frustrating. Have reset a million times, left box off overnight /for hours. All other devices are off.

Should I just give up hope? On live chat now round and round in circles last person told me to do 1913 which directed me to live chat.

Honestly. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Go upstairs if you can

If you know where the mast is, bring router to the window closest to it.

If you don't know where the mast is, move router around each direction and look at signal level. It's higher "asu" you're looking for.

Other than that go outside, signal should be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Three is mobile broadband. It's a shared unmanaged type connection.

That means you have no guarantees on speed, latency nor can they give you any guarantees.

You need to get a connection from a provider that offers actually specifies the actual speed into your connection and the contention ratios they operate at.

Everything else would mean that you risk the job (should you get it) at a shoe string solution.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

If you need any guaranteed minimum speed, you shouldn't go anywhere near Three, or Eir mobile broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

If theres no alternative e.g. cable/ASDL/FTTH/VDSL then your only option is satellite broadband which would suffer from latency and contention. It'll work of course but there'll be a delay of about 2-4 seconds

Fixed wireless if you can.

Advertisement