Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Vdsl settings - is it still trouble?

Options
  • 29-07-2018 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm just close to end of contract with Vodafone and as they are cheapest in my area I would prefer to stay with them.

But their modem is a joke, terrible stability (need to restart it daily), poor signal (need extender for upstairs), and most importantly no gigabit network support O_o (that one Really shocked me)

I'm planning to upgrade modem to some tplink but I have read many posts from Vodafone users that it's almost impossible to get settings to set up 3rd party modem.

Is it still a case?

Does puretelecom or eir provide those settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm with Vodafone and have my own gigabit wired network with wireless access points.

The Vodafone modem just provides an internet gateway and nothing else. I don't ask it to be a router of any variety. Even disabled DHCP and assigned one static IP to the gigabit router.

Works perfectly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 abcCORK87

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'm with Vodafone and have my own gigabit wired network with wireless access points.

The Vodafone modem just provides an internet gateway and nothing else. I don't ask it to be a router of any variety. Even disabled DHCP and assigned one static IP to the gigabit router.

Works perfectly well.

So best way is just forgot about it and get a nice router.

Advertisement