Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing window handle - asy job? (pics included)

Options
  • 28-07-2018 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I need to replace the handle on this window. It's a bit wobbly and I can feel that it's about to come off in my hand.

When showing the OH, we realised that in fact the window is not locking. The circular mechanism in picture 2 that should move up when twisting the handle isn't moving at all.

I understand that replacing the handle itself isn't a big deal as I watched my mother do it before :pac: but, if the circular bit isn't moving upwards, is this a bigger problem?

I'll probably just replace handle anyway and we will see, but until I can get my hands on one, does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance

DOWXWK5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

You need to replace the locking espag too as the gearbox has goNe bad too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

massy086 wrote: »
    You need to replace the locking espag too as the gearbox has goNe bad too

Thank you. Just googled what you said and got linked to this very useful video. https://youtu.be/D6h5Y85NjWY Guess where I'll be buying the parts! I think I can manage to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

you need to replace like for like

if your windows are made by munster joinery you will need whatever espag they supply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

jimf wrote: »
    you need to replace like for like

if your windows are made by munster joinery you will need whatever espag they supply

I think I am doing that - the video explains how to check the make of the espag (mila in this case) and how to order that from them.

Would that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    I think I am doing that - the video explains how to check the make of the espag (mila in this case) and how to order that from them.

Would that be right?

apols didn't look at video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

You need to know if the gearbox is inline or offset.you will also need to know the length of the espag too.i would say it's 800mm or could be gr60.that is 600mm

Advertisement