Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof cart bag-worth it?

Options
  • 28-07-2018 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm in the market for a new cart bag. I've narrowed it down to the ping pioneer, Cobra ultralite,Cobra King cart bag and the Callaway org 14. None are waterproof.

So my question is this- is a waterproof bag worth it considering the many wet days we get (current summer excluded). The non waterproof ones are all made from nylon- are these completely porous or would they stand up to a shower or a even a sustained drenching??

Any thoughts and experience appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm in the market for a new cart bag. I've narrowed it down to the ping pioneer, Cobra ultralite,Cobra King cart bag and the Callaway org 14. None are waterproof.

So my question is this- is a waterproof bag worth it considering the many wet days we get (current summer excluded). The non waterproof ones are all made from nylon- are these completely porous or would they stand up to a shower or a even a sustained drenching??

They are class and only way to go.

The newer ones are very light too.

Only critiscim is the first batch - had bad design around the zips - glue , they don't tend to have stitching for waterproofing. It makes some of the zips weak.

I think the newer stuff have solved this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Depends I suppose. I have one and generally it's good.
    However I find that if the rain is coming down torrentially, like yesterday morning for example, no amount of waterproofing keeps things dry.
    Same with waterproof shoes. If the rain is bad enough for long enough your feet will get wet, no matter what shoes you wear.
    They're around the €300 retail mark for the newest Titleist or Big Max these days, scandalous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

JCDUB wrote: »
    If the rain is bad enough for long enough your feet will get wet, no matter what shoes you wear.
    I disagree with this. I have Ecco GoreTex and I can go stand in a puddle and my feet will be dry until the water comes in over the top of he opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Timerevealsall

Yea that's the dilemma. On one hand the extra cost of a waterproof one divided over the number of years id keep it makes it justifiable, but only if there is a definite and observable benefit over a good non waterproof one.

The waterproof ones that I've looked at ,to my eyes are made of a much thinner material and the layout of pockets etc is not as optimal as the non waterproof ones.

Also, and this is a small quibble but it still bugs me, is that the pocket openings and the waterproof zips catch on my hands when going in and out, which doesn't happen on the others.
    But like I said if there is a observable benefit, like your jumper doesn't come out of the bag soaked or damp after a round, then that would be a benefit compared to the non waterproof ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

GreeBo wrote: »
    I disagree with this. I have Ecco GoreTex and I can go stand in a puddle and my feet will be dry until the water comes in over the top of he opening.

My Adidas Adi-pure TP are the same. Excellent comfortable shoe and fully waterproof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just buy one of those waterproof bag covers to fit over whatever bag you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Buy a waterproof bag, the pockets are smaller but still plenty of room.
    When I was looking they all look like they are made in the same factory somewhere.
    Justgolf have one for 129 supplied by mcguirks.
    It's a fastfold c95, worth a punt at that price.

Advertisement