Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Home Automation lcd panel for bedroom

Options
  • 28-07-2018 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hey guys
    i want to buy a HA Lcd panel where a light switch would usually go for controlling smart light leds,sonos,oled tv in my bedroom

i am looking for recommendations

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Trixxxx wrote: »
    hey guys
    i want to buy a HA Lcd panel where a light switch would usually go for controlling smart light leds,sonos,oled tv in my bedroom

i am looking for recommendations

thanks

How are you proposing to power it ?

Do you have live, neutral available at the switch to power a small tablet device for example ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Ionised

I used an old Nexus 10 running Fully browser, Action tiles. This controls all my Smartthings hub devices with a little help from webcore. I have it in my kitchen for handy access to Sonos and lights control.

Can also control my TV and sound system using Harmony Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trixxxx

How are you proposing to power it ?

Do you have live, neutral available at the switch to power a small tablet device for example ?
    i will be talking to an electrician so he can wire it , just looking for the right sort of tablet / lcd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Trixxxx wrote: »
    i will be talking to an electrician so he can wire it , just looking for the right sort of tablet / lcd

Ok, just to note that more than likely will mean pulling extra wires into the wall switch as it is unlikely to have a neutral.

If your electrician is wiring new cable, you could throw in a cat 5/6 cable to connect your tablet to Ethernet as well, or other uses. Possibly poe in the Ethernet so you could look for a poe android tablet, solving your power problem.

You could also look at something like a RPI running openhab with a touchscreen

Advertisement