Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foul water pipe to sewer hopper best practices

Options
  • 28-07-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just wondering what is best practice for plumbing foul water pipes to sewer hopper.

Above or below gratings for example or does it make any real difference

I’ve some whereby hopper is not catching all foul water and it is splashing out. For example clothes washing machine discharge.

Should I just extend pipe to below grating.

All pipes are similar to attached image. Bathroom sink, shower.
    Kitchen clothes washing machine, second preping sink etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If it had of been finished correctly both pipes would have been clipped to the wall and turned down into the gully below the level of the grate.
    Then using a snips or a hacksaw blade, the grate would be cut and formed around the pipes for easy removal.

Sorta like this..
    washing-machine-drainage-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Thanks!
    Kinda what I thought but I ain’t a plumber. Be a bit of a job sorting them all now but at least I know below grate is the standard regardless of source or appliance.

Regards

Advertisement