Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 28th july

Options
  • 28-07-2018 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Gone for a couple that look well handicapped on paper

3.00 Chessman 16/1 5 places

Pays to be drawn high with 9 of the last 10 winners coming from double digit draw.
    Lto was 3rd at 50/1 in a listed race and had Lake Volta (rated 101) 2L behind in 4th
    Watson yard flying with a 36% strike rate last 14 days and Oisin Murphy on-board think it has a real chance today

Vastonia 20/1 ew 4.05 gowran

At 10 probably fair to say is on the decline but the fact he's still in training the trainer must think he still has a race in him.
    Has dropped to a mark of 67 with useful Dylan Hogan taking another 7lbs off.
    Last won on yielding so the rain we've had should benefit one would think.

GL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Sounds like cracksman won't be running. Only 2mm of rain at ascot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I think Poet's Word has the King George at his mercy with a back to form? Hydrangea likely to be in the mix but not quite up to beating him. Crystal Ocean is another overrated Hardwicke winner who has a fair bit to find to justify the faith that punters have been putting in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Think Crystal ocean will outstay poets word if they go fast which they might with salouen in the field

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2.35 Mojika 11-8 2nd
    3.10 Powerallied 7-4 win
    4.55 Faadhel 9-4 win
    5.45 Beleaguerment 4-6 5th
    7.45 Midnight Meeting 4-9 win

51.10-1 Accumulator

100 win returns 5110

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Cracksman out

Now 6/4 the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

gazza1 wrote: »
    Gone for a couple that look well handicapped on paper

3.00 Chessman 16/1 5 places

Pays to be drawn high with 9 of the last 10 winners coming from double digit draw.
    Lto was 3rd at 50/1 in a listed race and had Lake Volta (rated 101) 2L behind in 4th
    Watson yard flying with a 36% strike rate last 14 days and Oisin Murphy on-board think it has a real chance today

Vastonia 20/1 ew 4.05 gowran

At 10 probably fair to say is on the decline but the fact he's still in training the trainer must think he still has a race in him.
    Has dropped to a mark of 67 with useful Dylan Hogan taking another 7lbs off.
    Last won on yielding so the rain we've had should benefit one would think.

GL
    Frank Hickey PP trader goes for Chessman as well

Protected guest is a big price for a place

Accumulator dead at the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Chessman 5th......phew !!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Which stout are you drinking for the king George?...Can't make my mind up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Think Crystal ocean will outstay poets word if they go fast which they might with salouen in the field

While I'm happy with the win, the fact that Crystal Ocean was so close to Poet's Word makes me doubt that it's up to Arc winning standard. They both can't be OR 130 horses which is what a literal reading of the form would imply.

If ye cast your mind back to last year's St Leger both Ocean Crystal and Coronet ran well in a stayers race surrounded by stayers. Crystal Ocean beat Coronet by 2 3\4L that day and finished 3 3\4L behind today's flop Hydrangea over 12f in her next race. I think the ultra fast pace set today ( fast by 2.66 ) by Rostropovich allowed Crystal Ocean ( who was perfectly placed on Rostropovich's heels ) to slingshot into a near unassailable lead until only Poet's Word class and staying power allowed him to come from far off the pace to reel in Crystal Ocean. The result probably flatters Crystal Ocean who I'd be glad to take on again.

Torn between Erin in 3.05 and Mojika in 2.35 for Accumulator, Erin won, Mojika did not . Two odds on favourites to run. Crap

Advertisement