Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meath golf courses

Options
  • 27-07-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

im looking for a quiet golf course in meath where i can bring a couple of beginners, i played a few times in the glebe in trim which i remember being nice and quiet but not in recent years and there phone no. sounds disconnected

does anyone know if the glebe is still open/ still quiet, or an alternative?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Moor Park Kentstown road just outside Navan.

You can rock up in a pair of jeans if it suits you. Generally beginners/once a year golfers play there and generally quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MADFI5H

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Moor Park Kentstown road just outside Navan.

You can rock up in a pair of jeans if it suits you. Generally beginners/once a year golfers play there and generally quiet.

think ive played there once, is it up on top of a hill? think i didnt like because it was more the wind playin golf than you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

MADFI5H wrote: »
    think ive played there once, is it up on top of a hill? think i didnt like because it was more the wind playin golf than you :D

No not really, the 1st and 10th play up to the hill and the 9th &18th playdown it but most of the course is relatively flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The Glebe is closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

what about the Rough & Ready?
    It's between Carton and Dunboyne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Check out their webpage, it looks like it was made on my old spectrum 128k computer :D
    http://www.randrgolfcourse.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Royal Tara has 3 x 9 holes, the yellow 9 would be ideal, usually no problem getting out on that 9, very enjoyable for all standard of golfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Try out Co Meath just outside Trim. Very welcoming and is an enjoyable course to play. Great food in the clubhouse as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MADFI5H

I did go to moor park sunday afternoon, was a bit wet but the course was better than i remembered, will def go again
    Macker1 wrote: »
    Try out Co Meath just outside Trim. Very welcoming and is an enjoyable course to play. Great food in the clubhouse as well.

Is this called south meath golf course? i was recomended there already by a friend might check it out next

i live a bit north of kells, so the ones mentioned nearer dublin are a bit further than im lookin for, headfort is pretty close but i think we want a bit(alot) more practice b4 we start playin there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

MADFI5H wrote: »
    I did go to moor park sunday afternoon, was a bit wet but the course was better than i remembered, will def go again

Is this called south meath golf course? i was recomended there already by a friend might check it out next

i live a bit north of kells, so the ones mentioned nearer dublin are a bit further than im lookin for, headfort is pretty close but i think we want a bit(alot) more practice b4 we start playin there

No South Meath is another course just down the road. Highly recommend Co Meath.

• Advertisement
Advertisement