Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance after accident - free car?

Options
  • 27-07-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi
    I was involved in a car accident last thursday, van ran into me and build up of 3 cars and bus.
    My car is a right off. We have fully comp for years. Now the insurance company, AXA, is saying they dont give out a temp car unless it was brought to garage and the garage wouldnt fix it.

This does not sound right - any advice?

Frustrated with insurance company......I'm not at fault, yet I am out of pocket out of car, and very very sore.

whats the right thing to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If you're car is a write off, your insurer will not provide you with a courtesy vehicle. That benefit is designed to to provide you with a car while repairs are underway

If the 3rd party is liable, you will be entitled to claim car hire from their insurers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

contact the insurance company of the third party that ran into you.

Advertisement