Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance is gas out..

Options
  • 27-07-2018 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

How old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jacksie66 wrote: »
    31 with a full licence since I was 18. No points but only 3 years ncb since I was in New Zealand for a few years.

Mmm. Yeah, unfortunately you're getting a bit of a kicking yet, and the particular car wouldn't seem to have a lot to do with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Try something newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I must change my 1.4 Astra to a 2.0 Saab and see if its €30 dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi,

Have a 2008 Saab 93 (lovely car by the way!) and I was getting quotes of 1100 as well from chill and the likes.

I plugged my details into Aviva's website directly and got my insurance for 550! That's with a full ncb but still half what other places were quoting!

Could be worth giving them a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

SCOOP 64 wrote:
    I must change my 1.4 Astra to a 2.0 Saab and see if its €30 dearer.

That's exactly what I did ;) You get a Saab for peanuts these days as they aren't the most popular brand and some have high tax. If you can get the Areo model go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

Advertisement