Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Smart Display

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

bk wrote: »
    So reviews for the first Google Home Smart Display (sort of like the Echo Show) from Lenovo are out and it has gone on sale in the US:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/26/17616560/lenovo-smart-display-review-google-assistant-smart-speaker-screen

Looks really cool, damn it I want three of these now! :eek:

Any indication when they will be available here?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Any indication when they will be available here?

Non, unfortunately. I would be surprised if it is more then a few months, at least in the UK. There isn't much here that shouldn't just work in the UK/Ireland.

It should be a case of the exact same hardware, just packed with a UK plug and perhaps the addition of BBC news/radio. Everything else is pretty generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

If anyone is looking for one this seller has both models but at a $50 premium plus $30 shipping. I used same seller when google home came out in the US.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263842209914

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I now know what I will be looking for on black friday this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Got the 10" version in the post yesterday from the seller above. Working fine so far, only annoyance so far is the delay to start any audio as its loading an interface (for example tunein) before it starts playing the audio (Plus it doesnt start loading the interface until google assistant is finished answering back as to what you asked it to play). Hopefully they address this in future updates and is probably one of the reasons why you cant include it an home group.

• Advertisement
Advertisement