Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 27th July '18

Options
  • 27-07-2018 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Wexford & Down Royal here to get stuck into.
    Heading to Wexford so don't be shy with fancies and tips!
    Already a few quid coming for Jack Kennedy's mount Muroor in the 6.15.
    Had some EW @ 11/1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ascot 5:15 - Coto has been a bit of a favourite of mine on this forum, tipped it up a few times and it has seen me well. I backed it last year when it was absolutely rancid, but I didn't know at the time that it was only just back after producing a foal, so not surprising that it needed time to get back in the game. 2018 has seen a marked improvement in form and the 4th place it got in a cavalry charge of 28th runners at the Curragh is maybe a sign of better things to come. Trainer is as shrewd as they come and he will not be sending a horse over to England for the fresh air. 20/1 a more than decent ew punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Xinbama took a step back in right direction last night and drops back to a more suitable trip tonight at Down Royal. Well punted late on last night and suspect plan would've been to be running under a penalty today, 16s was all wrong on the EPs today but still some value left in price now IMO - is absolutely pitched in on best of form for Charles Hills (albeit many years ago) and way he's traveled through race last two times suggest he's coming to hand after spell in doldrums. These low grade handicaps before Galway are usually weak enough and should go very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Ascot 5:15 - Coto has been a bit of a favourite of mine on this forum, tipped it up a few times and it has seen me well. I backed it last year when it was absolutely rancid, but I didn't know at the time that it was only just back after producing a foal, so not surprising that it needed time to get back in the game. 2018 has seen a marked improvement in form and the 4th place it got in a cavalry charge of 28th runners at the Curragh is maybe a sign of better things to come. Trainer is as shrewd as they come and he will not be sending a horse over to England for the fresh air. 20/1 a more than decent ew punt.

Best of luck but think 20/1 might be even on the short side considering how far out of the handicap she is.

Best of luck but think 20/1 might be even on the short side considering how far out of the handicap she is.
    You are right, I had seen 2lb out, but not counted the 7lb claim. Ah well, let's see how it goes.

Another 4 timer for Harry Skelton today, 35% strike rate for the season, the man is riding out of his skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Lady of the sea 8/1 6.45 wex

Have backed this the last few runs and each time after the race I've said needs longer, well tonight she finally gets the distance her previous runs suggested she needs.

1pt ew 8/1 bog

GL

fast asleep in the stalls, useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

6:30 York

Huntsmans Close showed plenty of speed last time out but didn’t stay the extra furlong. He’s going to knock in one of these races soon enough 50/1 with 5 places looks value. Hopefully he wont bomb off in front here today.

1 Point EW 50/1 5 places boyle/fred/tote/888

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

aidankkk wrote: »
    6:30 York

Huntsmans Close showed plenty of speed last time out but didn’t stay the extra furlong. He’s going to knock in one of these races soon enough 50/1 with 5 places looks value. Hopefully he wont bomb off in front here today.

1 Point EW 50/1 5 places boyle/fred/tote/888

Non runner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

gazza1 wrote: »
    Lady of the sea 8/1 6.45 wex

Have backed this the last few runs and each time after the race I've said needs longer, well tonight she finally gets the distance her previous runs suggested she needs.

1pt ew 8/1 bog

GL

Nice bit of luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

munster87 wrote: »
    Nice bit of luck! :)

Yeah will take all the luck I can get at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

gazza1 wrote: »
    Yeah will take all the luck I can get at the moment
    Thanks for that . All summer I've been cursed with bad luck , nice to be on the right side for a change .

Advertisement