Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIG insurance quote

Options
  • 26-07-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't have any no claim bonus and I mentioned that in my AIG online quote, however when I go ahead and try to pay for the insurance, I see the following note:

Assumptions We Have Made About You

Your Car
    • Is not left hand drive.
    • Is not modified or adapted in any way.
    • Is owned by and registered to you the Proposer or your Spouse/ Partner.
    • Does not have non-standard audio equipment or a car phone.
    • Has been registered in Ireland.
    • The car is not imported.
    • The Car is Classed/Taxed as private and not used for commercial purposes.
    • The car has a valid NCT certificate if required.
    • Is a standard car i.e. not a van, caravan, kit car.
    • It is not used to carry passengers for profit or used for trade, delivery, hire or as a pace car.
    • You the proposer are the main driver and user of the car.
    • The car is not registered in the any company name.
    • Is not undergoing renovation or refurbishment.

You (and any other driver of the car you wish to insure)
    • You and any additional drivers listed on your policy have provided the exact name that appears on your driving licence.
    • Have not been involved in any accident or claim, regardless of blame, in the past 5 years.
    • You or any Named drivers have never been convicted of any offence against the Road Traffic Act.
    • You or any named driver(s) have not been convicted of any criminal offence (i.e non motor related) or do not have any prosecution pending (This excludes any spent convictions).
    • Have not been refused insurance, renewal of insurance or had special terms or conditions imposed by an Insurer or had a car policy cancelled.
    • Have not had your licence suspended or been disqualified from driving.
    • Do not suffer from any condition which may affect your ability to drive.
    • Have been resident in Ireland / UK for the past 3 years.
    • The address on your policy is the address where you live and the address were your car is normally kept overnight.
    • Have no more than 4 penalty points on your current licence.
    • You or any named driver(s) have advised the relevant driving authority of any notifiable disabilities/medical conditions and have subsequently been issued a licence to drive.

Your history
    • You have a minimum 1 year’s no claims discount earned within the last two years in your own name (and can provide proof of this).
    OR
    If You do not have a No Claims Discount earned in your own name, you may be entitled to an introductory discount provided you meet the following criteria:
    Have been a named driver for one year, claims free, on a current private car policy (and can provide proof of this which can be validated by AIG) and hold a Full licence.
    • Any No Claims Discount was earned on a private car, not a moped or motorcycle.
    • Any No Claims Discount is not in use on any other active policy (you earn the No Claims Discount on each car separately if you insure more than one car and the same No Claims Discount cannot be in use at the same time on more than one policy).

The car plate numbers that I entered were for a previously imported 09 car registered in Ireland, and I don't have any no claim bonus, how come that they assume the opposite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

You're better off phoning them.
    Well done for reading the small print but the online quote does not ask about the origin of the car and as you can see assumes it's not an import.

Advertisement