Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ok to stay in Amstel for Amsterdam?

Options
  • 26-07-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Is Amstel really far? I’m quite confused. Is there a night ‘metro ‘ or whatever going to Amstel?

Was thinking of getting a hotel in Amstel but we will be going in and out to Amsterdam every day and night, how easy/accessible is this? I would need it to be pretty often and hopefully 24/7?

Staying in Amstel to try reduce costs. Also is Amsterdam beer/food more expensive than Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

What's your budget?

We stayed in Motel One Amsterdam Waterlooplein on Valkenburgerstraat for 188,08 EUR for 2 nights this month.

Great big rooms, nicely designed bar & lobby and 12mins walk to Dam Square.

Prices for food & drink are on a par with Dublin

65a91c4a_z.jpg

https://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/amsterdam/hotel-amsterdam-waterlooplein/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yamanoto wrote: »
    What's your budget?

We stayed in Motel One Amsterdam Waterlooplein on Valkenburgerstraat for 188,08 EUR for 2 nights this month.

Great big rooms, nicely designed bar & lobby and 12mins walk to Dam Square.

Prices for food & drink are on a par with Dublin

65a91c4a_z.jpg

https://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/amsterdam/hotel-amsterdam-waterlooplein/

Thanks , that’s booked out for my dates. I ended up booking Kings court hotel 15 mins from centre with tram outside so I’m happy with that! €360 for four nights which I’m quite happy with finally found something half decent with a private bathroom not over the €450 mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭finbarrk

But why not stay in Amsterdam if that's where you want to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

finbarrk wrote: »
    But why not stay in Amsterdam if that's where you want to go to?

Because the Public Transport is so decent its actually worthwhile staying outside the Center to get better value. Hell you could stay in Utrecht and it's only 25 minutes by train to Amsterdam Central station.

Staying anywhere along the Metro or Intercity lines you can quite comfortably get to the City Center.

Advertisement