Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westnet modem settings

Options
  • 26-07-2018 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi I just signed up to westnet and my line has been activated already but I have not received my modem so I was wondering if anybody has the settings so I can use my own modem until the westnet modem gets sent out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it their VDSL service? What modem do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ant1_2k

ED E wrote: »
    Is it their VDSL service? What modem do you have?

Yes it's their vdsl service I have multiple modems I could use like the zyxel f1000, Huawei hg658c and a fritzbox 7430

I have searched the internet for past 4 hours looking for info before i posted on boards.ie

Basic Settings
    Basic Modem Settings
    Username Your full Westnet email address (e.g. username@westnet.com.au)
    Password The password that you normally use to check your Westnet email address.
    Encapsulation PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
    Multiplexing Method LLC - Based
    MTU 1492
    VPI/VCI 8/35

Looks like unique creds like Sky, in that case you'd have to call them and request them.

Looks like unique creds like Sky, in that case you'd have to call them and request them.

Yeah I found them but it looked to me like the Australian settings and did not think that would work for the Irish provider.

I did call and request the settings and was told they would call me back but still waiting on their call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Westnet.com.au? That's an Australian ISP

• Advertisement

I did try changing the .com.au to .ie as it's westnet ireland I signed up to but none of above modems wanted to go live

You'd swear I wasnt currently drinking an energy drink....total brainfart.

Yeah, their site doesnt mention any crucial terms so I'm afraid I'm clueless here.

Yeah, their site doesnt mention any crucial terms so I'm afraid I'm clueless here.

It's ok i was hoping that if I was lucky enough that somebody knew the settings I needed then I could get rid of the awful mobile broadband I am currently using and use an old modem until westnets modem is delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

It's most likely unique username, was always unique on their wireless service

Thank you everybody who commented and posted my query is resolved now as westnet just returned my call they have rushed through setting up their modem/router and one of their engineers have offered to drop it in to me today so no more having to use the awful mobile broadband device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement