Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson EB-SO3 Image Problems

Options
  • 26-07-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

The place I work has an Epson EB-SO3 that was purchased in 2014. I am not sure how many hours the lamp has been run for but the projector would not have been used heavily in that time.
    The projector is currently only producing a very shaky green image and I am struggling to work out whether it is the lens, the lamp or something else - can anyone shed any light on what the problem might be please?
    Thanks (and apologies if this isn't the best forum, it seemed the most appropriate)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Is the projector mounted permanently ? If so, what type of cable is used to get a signal to the projector ?? If its VGA or Component Video (three RCA cables Green /blue and /red) try re-seating the cables at the source and possibly at the projector, could be loose connection. if the projector is mooved about all rthe time, toted about in a carry case, it could be knocked out of alignment, or the LCD panels could be damaged, very hard to say without seeing it working.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Huggydaddybear

Hi, thanks for replying. The projector is not mounted, it's moved around. The problems were noted using the VGA cable that came with the unit and were replicated using the VGA cable for my PC, so I'd be happy enough it's something to do with the unit.
    Are there any sort of shops that would be able to look at it and see what the issue is (since obviously it's a lamp issue we'd rather pay for that than a new projector)? I have access to some technical resources that might be able to investigate but they wouldn't be projector gurus.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As its old and low res you'll have to weigh up the economics of it. That unit sells for as low as £80 now so a new €200 lamp + labour for example is a bad investment. Might be a good time to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Huggydaddybear

Hi - sorry for not replying but posted before I went on holiday...does this unit not cost £550 (going by price on Amazon)? If we do go down the replacement route and all we want is something to project onto walls from a laptop for training (and not very regularly at that), is there a reliable unit you would recommend instead? Thanks.

Advertisement