Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best town Clare

Options
  • 26-07-2018 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    just a quick one heading West with the missus and kid next month for a week going to spend a few days in Galway and then head south to Clare , Just wondering what is the nicest tow n to stay in, just somewhere that lively and nice walks and food and that,
    Thinking along the lines of Doolin , Lahinch and idea's would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Doolin is a small village but has good music pubs, Lahinch is a dump as is Ennis, try Miltown Malbay or Spanish Point especially if you want to be on the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Stanford wrote: »
    Doolin is a small village but has good music pubs, Lahinch is a dump as is Ennis, try Miltown Malbay or Spanish Point especially if you want to be on the coast
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PittTheElder

Miltown - Whitestrand, has nice coastal walk along cliffs. short <1hr

One can walk from Doolin to Cliffs of Moher as well - think there is shuttle buses back for approx. €5. long > 3-4 hrs.

Lahinch - beech + Clahane just north of Liscannor is quite nice also

Ennis full of nice restaurants - Knoxs + McHughs to name a few.

Worth checking out events in the area before travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Kilkee has a fabulous beach and cliff walks. Town is not great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Ennis has so many great places to eat and there is a few things around for kids, swimming, bowling, play pits, parks, woodland walks etc. Good place to stay if your going on day trips and have the convenience of everything in the town then when ye come back.

Ennis has increased in anti social activity lately but no where near other large towns in the country. I wouldn't call it a dump compared to the comment above.. Grew up there and moved back here last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

I wouldn’t call Milltown or Spanish point lively
    Then again I wouldn’t call lahinch or Ennis a dump .
    If it was me I think I would try lahinch for a couple of nights
    5 or 6 pubs , couple of restaurants and a nice beach .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would not forget the East side of Clare ...... such as Killaloe and other villages along the Shannon River.

Advertisement