Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Nvidia Shield unrooted?

Options
  • 26-07-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Asked this in the Nvidia Shield thread but never got an answer.

Is the Nvidia Shield unrooted when it's purchased? I specifically need it to be so it can run the Sky-Go application on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Or failing this can someone point me in the direction of an Android box that is unrooted and run the Sky Go app.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You root a box or if you buy from a dodgy site you might get a rooted box. If you buy from a legitimate store it won't be rooted, unless its advertised as being rooted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

davo2001 wrote: »
    Asked this in the Nvidia Shield thread but never got an answer.

Is the Nvidia Shield unrooted when it's purchased? I specifically need it to be so it can run the Sky-Go application on it.

It's not rooted

Not sure if you can sideload the sky Go app or if it will run though. I don't have sky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not rooted

Not sure if you can sideload the sky Go app or if it will run though. I don't have sky

Sky Go does, or used to, check for a device being rooted. If it is, it won't allow playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Sky Go does't allow it's video feed out over a HDMI connection, so it won't work on the Shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

& Now TV doesn't work when sideloaded either

Advertisement