Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radon results HELP

Options
  • 26-07-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

My parents recently got a radon test done for their bungalow that was built in the 1970's. The results were 656 and 974 in the living and bedroom.

The house does not have mechanical ventilation and it wouldn't be the most air tight of houses.

Has anyone had results like that and what method did they use to bring it down to acceptable levels?

Regards,
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Its likely much higher in the winter. I had higher results. Got two pumps with one either side of the house , a bungalow also if 2 storied possibly one pump would work as less sq feet on ground.
    I got one pump fitted and he drilled the hole for the second which i fitted to save cost.
    Eugene monaghan from waterford done the job and he is a right lad who knows his buisness well amd is very easy to talk to. He travelled to louth to complete the work so he is happy to travel. Id recommend him highly.

I had results of 700 and 1300 and tjey ate down around 40 or 50 now.
    I bought a detector and it outputs the readings to your phone via bluetooth it was 200euro of i remember right

Advertisement