Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon Golf Club

Options
  • 26-07-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I hear there is an Open Comp tomorrow, entry €15. Any one have any info on the course, is it good, bad indifferent. Heard it is a cracking parkland course

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You heard wrong, it's okay at best, €15 would be the absolute tops I'd pay for it, Athlone/Glasson etc. all way better courses

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

slave1 wrote: »
    You heard wrong, it's okay at best, €15 would be the absolute tops I'd pay for it, Athlone/Glasson etc. all way better courses

PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Drifter50 wrote: »
    I hear there is an Open Comp tomorrow, entry €15. Any one have any info on the course, is it good, bad indifferent. Heard it is a cracking parkland course

It’s a good course and ideal for summer golf. Haven’t played it this year but always felt it was a well maintained and a challenge Worth playing for that price if you are nearby. Glasson has better views etc but you won’t get out on it for €15.

Athlone is a tougher course with tighter fairways which doesn’t suit everyone. worth playing in the future if there is an open on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Athlone opens every Wednesday €20 or €20 with a member any day of the week.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Roscommon is a nice course, fairly gentle sort of a challenge with some very pretty holes on it. Always an enjoyable game of golf as you will always shoot at least to your handicap.

Enjoy yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Course is in good nick. Connaught GUI finals there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Redriddick wrote: »
    Course is in good nick. Connaught GUI finals there next week.

Yes you`re right there, I played there last Friday with a couple of friends and was very impressed with the condition of the entire course.

Whats good also is that when we finished about 6.30 there were a large number of members, young, older, male and female preparing to go out for an evening 9 holes. Good signs for the club.

Advertisement