Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer comedians!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hannah Gadsby (tbh I haven't really seen any of her other stuff but her show Nanette on Netflix is essential viewing in my opinion)

Quoted for truth! Nanette is brilliant. Best and most worthwhile hour of television (or whatever you call it these days) I've seen in a long time.

Will be seeing Rhea Butcher this evening too actually, at the Comedy Festival. Not at all familiar with them so looking forward to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Goodshape wrote: »
    Will be seeing Rhea Butcher this evening too actually, at the Comedy Festival. Not at all familiar with them so looking forward to the show.

I was going to say if you see a vaguely masculine looking woman with short hair then say hi but honestly I doubt I'll be the only one that would fit that description there tonight :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

I'm gutted I'm missing Rhea Butcher. I didn't know they were coming to the comedy festival until last week. I text my OH but unfortunately she's working and couldn't get someone to cover her shifts :rolleyes: I'd love it if Cameron Esposito was here too. I've only seen a few episodes of Take My Wife but they've all been class.

Nanette is absolutely brilliant. My sister recommended it and I was just blown away. I think it's essential watching for everyone really!

I also really like DeAnne Smith. My ex introduced me to them and let's just say that's the best thing she did for me :D :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

Are there any non-obscure ones in Ireland? Dave Rubin is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

An_Toirpin wrote: »
    Are there any non-obscure ones in Ireland? Dave Rubin is very good.

Queer is by definition non mainstream :)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I love Joe lycett, also Tom Allen and Suzi Ruffell.
    The last two do a podcast called like minded friends which is really good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I saw Jono Duffy an Australian comedian recently.

If you ever get a chance go see him. His observations on 21st century gay dating with apps like grindr are just absolutely hilarious beyond belief.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement