Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wyze Cameras

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well definitely don't buy these for 75! They are worth around 20. This seller seems to be just importing them form the US and charging a lot more!

These cameras are made by Xiaomi and usually go for around 20ish:

https://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_620813.html?wid=1433363

Wzye seem to be a company who are repacking them and rebranding them for the US market, along with different firmware/app/cloud service, offering extra features, like IFTTT, which aren't available from the Chinese versions.

The extra features seem to be pretty nice and actually top some of the features I got on my recent Yi Cameras, hopefully they add them. They include:

- IFTTT
    - Alexa
    - Free 14 day storage of 10 to 15 second alert videos
    - Alerts for motion, sound, smoke alarms and co alarms, nice

Note, I don't have one myself, but they do look quiet nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I have 2. We ordered about 10 in total for a group of us direct from US. Worked out at <25 a camera including postage and customs.

Can't fault them. Simple to set up and in fairness if you have decent wifi they are rock solid. Had to reset 1 in about 6 months.

Tip: use a wall socket with a USB connection and it makes it look a bit nicer!

Advertisement