Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 year old Flying Alone

Options
  • 26-07-2018 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Do any airlines allow unaccompanied children to fly between UK and Ireland? My 14 year old daughter is going over with my mother and I thought she could fly back on her own but Ryanair seems to have a limit of 16 for solo travel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Aer Lingus website says they will accept minors unaccompanied over 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I flew alone at 15 with Ryanair, my parents had to sign some extra forms

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The dept of justice have details up on the inis site about under 18s travelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Last time we did this with EI, there was an unaccompanied minors indemnity form to be filled out & returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,291 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sillysocks wrote: »
    Aer Lingus website says they will accept minors unaccompanied over 12.
    For any particular departure, there is likely to be a limit on how many they will take, so book early. Check their website to see if there are particular rules for such bookings, e.g. must be done by phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement