Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing edges of existing concrete

Options
  • 25-07-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hi . I want to get some ideas of how I would finish off some old concrete edges so I can fill in stones and drive a car onto and over it.

I am thinking of having a straight slope leading into the stones.

I will post some images and any feedback would be great as I am new to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

are you driving over the gate threshold in 3rd picture? what is the change in height here?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

are you driving over the gate threshold in 3rd picture? what is the change in height here?

Yes. This is the access lane on the left going up to the raised concrete .it's about 80mm . Would a concrete sand mix stay on it if I smooth a driveable edge on top of the rough. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

sand cement won't hold.

If it were my problem, I would dig it all out and lower the level.
    I would add a piece of teak to bottom of gates.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Can't dig it out. The rear wall is built on the slab. I will put some more photos up..

Few added photos

• Registered Users Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭listermint

From the current images the only think i can see worthwhile is digging it out and slopping it inside your boundary. As pointed above.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    From the current images the only think i can see worthwhile is digging it out and slopping it inside your boundary. As pointed above.

I added a few more should help with context

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think the best way would be to consaw under the the gate and along the wall to allow the old slab to be broken out, then pour new cement allowing a slope down to the existing access road, you should be able to remove the gate hinges and reposition the gate lower when you have your final level.
    For a small area like that you could do an nice job on the concrete maybe resin bonded surface dress it to get a nicer finish, you wouldn't need very much aggregate to make it look really nice.

Advertisement