Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining Stainless Steel without spot welding

Options
  • 25-07-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

so I have an issue with my dishwasher.
    Namely the water supply to the upper spray arm has come away from the back wall of the unit.

The machine still works etc but its a pain in the backside to manually line everything up everytime you want to use the machine (or the machine wont start)

so the arrangement is a steel bracket that looks like it was spot (and I mean tiny spot!) welded to the rear wall and this bracket holds the water supply hose.

One day the whole thing, bracket and all just came away when the top tray was pulled out.

Any ideas on the best way to reattach this?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

Pop rivet and an o ring if required ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

A couple of s/s self-tappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,055 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Pop rivet and an o ring if required ?

I was thinking about a rivet alright, just a little worried about getting it back watertight. Suppose I could use sealant between the rivet/washer and the bracket and then an o-ring between bracket & rear wall.

Its not something you can go back from though.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

What about tech 7 adhesive

jimbev wrote: »
    What about tech 7 adhesive

Yeah I might just use some waterproof gunk alright, it doesnt have to stand up to much pressure as its designed for the top tray to pop out of the water supply, I think the dodgy "weld" just gave way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

PU 5 adhesive is great suff .

Lashed it back on last night with some Tec7, a wash went through today and its still holding, so all seems well.

As I was re-attaching I noticed that when the spot weld came away it actually left a little hole, so I guess my fears about waterproofing a rivet were unfounded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I did a repair on a dishwasher tray that had a small pinhole in it using epoxy putty and that withstood several years of daily use after that. So, if the Tec7 doesn't hold for whatever reason, try some epoxy glue instead.

Advertisement